CaseViewer is designed for supporting histopathological diagnostic workflow and as a digital microscope application also supports the microscope examination process in bioscience.
New features for Routine diagnostic
• Tracking history is available in high resolution recalling the history of reviewed regions of the slide step by step.
• Marker Counter: Now available in CaseViewer as well. This optional licensed software module is improving the workflow by counting relevant tissue structures faster and easier. An adequate solution for counting stained cells, immune-positive cell structures or count mitosis in the tissue.
• Autofluorescent compensation: The FFPE (formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded) samples typically contains fluorescent background signals because of the autofluorescent characteristic of the formalin. The image compensation feature limits the visual appearance of the fluorescent stain in the background and highlights the fluorescent signals of the relevant protein.
• DICOM snapshot export: the snapshot export function is now available in DICOM image format as well.
• TMA annotations: A new annotation can be defined and maintained by CaseViewer for TMA cores as well. The new TMA annotation is available in different size and color. The new TMA annotation also supports to attach remarks to graphical TMA annotations.
• Supports SlideDriver for microscope-like navigation on digital slides
• Scoring guides: A new grading and scoring guideline tables is available in order to support the diagnostic process.
New features for Research microscopy
• Native TIFF export: The annotations, the current view image and the whole slide image can be exported as a high resolution TIFF image.
• JPEG snapshot export: supports the most common JPEG image format in 300 DPI image resolutions.
• Histogram: shows the representation of the distribution of colors in a digital slide. This function helps to optimize digital slides based on black, white and gamma values. The new histogram supports 16 bit image presentation.
• DDIC: Digital Differential Interference Contrast function. A contrast enhancement function which can reveal small details of the tissue.
• Z-stack prefetch: supports seamless transition of the layers and optical sections in confocal or Z-stack slides.
Other new functions
• Slide Upload: The improved slide upload makes possible to upload slides or folders (contained slides) in much faster speed (approx 10x) than before.
• Tooltip: Detailed function description appears automatically by navigating the mouse arrow above any function button.
• Zoom limit Setting: In the Setting menu the default zoom limit can be increased in order to make digital zooming available for higher magnification.
• Multi-core support: CaseViewer application supports high performance multi core processor operation. The number of the processor cores to be used for running the CaseViewer application faster and efficiently can be set in the Settings menu.
• Multi-instance: enables the operating system to be able to run multiple CaseViewer applications simultaneously on the same computer.
Result of the new autofluorescence compensation
Minimum system requirements
• Monitor resolution 1280 × 720
• Operation system Windows 7 SP1 or newer
• Graphics Card OpenGL 2.0 compatible
• CPU Intel DualCore
• RAM 2GB
Note: the username and password registered on 3DHISTECH website cannot be applied to log in to CaseCenter server.